Visit the Charter for Compassion International page for Partners in the Education sector. Here's what you will find on that page:
- What role does Education play in supporting the global movement for compassion?
- How does an Education Organization or Institution become a Partner of the Charter for Compassion International?
- What educational materials can I find on the site?
If you are interested in a list of compassion-related readings and resources from Compassionate International, here is the link. And, here is the list of resources you will find on that page:
- Compassion Education Reader
- Teaching Compassion and Other Related Skills
- Compassion and Education
- Parker Palmer on Education as a Spiritual Practice
- Empathy and Education
- Compassion: Peace Starts Here
- Attributes of Compassion
- Education, Science and Compassion
- How to Foster Compassion in Children
- Raising Compassionate Children
- Thinking about Education: Revolutionary and Transformational Ideas
- Successful Education Models and Organizations
- The Shift From Teaching Content To Teaching Learning
- Anti-bullying program enlists teens to hold prevention workshops
- Revolutionizing Education by Reshaping Narrative
Below is an article from the Oct 3, 2016 issue of Time magazine about "The Mindful Classroom," a seven-year study in Louisville, Kentucky schools called the "Compassionate Schools Project."
"Educators increasingly believe that mindfulness can be an antidote to three of the biggest mental-health challenges that kids face: anxiety, trouble paying attention, and bullying."